Start a new topic

Reverse joystick direction in menu

I don't know if it's only me, but the menu direction of the joystick drives me nuts.
An option to choose the cursor/joystick direction would be more than welcomed!
This was discussed around the first firmware but probably felt between the cracks? :)

13 people like this idea

It does feel reverse for me as well. I'm having a heck of a time adjusting. 

2 people like this

Yeah, the direction for up and down seems weird for me as well. Would be nice if you could reverse it.

1 person likes this
Yes, it definitely feels reversed and is not intuitive. Pushing the joystick away from you should be down, same flying an aircraft or quad. Furthermore, the joy stick is placed on a sloping surface. So there is a definite up direction ( towards you) and definate down direction (away from you).

1 person likes this
Jeez, also been driving me bonkers. I brought this up the first day I got the goggles and now just barely getting used to it after months.
Yeah same here, every time i use that joystick i move it in the wrong direction. Anyone else feel like the down press is too soft? when moving left or right, even up and down it selects the down press feature instead and makes it difficult for navigating the menus. 
I think one of my joysticks is faulty because it does not click to the one side. But still seems to move most of the time. I shipped it out and they are gonna look at it.. Do both if your joystick feel the same and click in all directions?

Both of mine work in all directions, only problem is that it is too easily depressed selecting options i didn't intend on. Orqa did a great job with the goggles, and i'd say 90% of the build says "high quality" those joysticks on the other hand, not good at all. Orqa can you guys just ask ImmersionRC who there joystick supplier is and use those ones? Theirs works perfect and feels great!

Damn, it feels really intuitive for me and I guess it would drive me nuts if it was suddenly reversed

this feature added in 2.0. You can change direction

1 person likes this

Yes, i think gameplay is not good in the menu, and some time reverse. For exemple the up and down direction is not the same when you move in the menu and when you move the battery position...

And when you want to change a value in the menu, you have to click, but i only want to move left and right to change value, not click before. Or when we click to change value, the slider or value have to change color to tell us we are here

You see they did it in the newest update

Yeah, im very glad they have added the option to invert the sticks. 

Not sure if i liked that they disabled the other joystick though. Why dont they just have that stick for the channel controls?  I'm not crazy about having to go through the menus to bring up the Channel selection. 

Login or Signup to post a comment