Start a new topic

Ghostupdater 1.8 crashing without a report

I'm trying to update my Ghost Lite TX to the latest 1.0.8.0 firmware. I'm using the Updater 1.8. The Uodater detects the TX als "ImmersionRC device". When I got update the program crashes without any error messages. I tried running it as an administrator, tried different USB Cables, used different Networks and allowed all in the windows Firewall options. Please help me.

2 people have this problem

I got the same problem, but not after an update, but from a completely fresh install of the Ghost Updater v1.8.

The Ghost transmitter JR module's current version is 1.0.0.5.

I am attempting to upgrade to "v1.0.8.0 Stable".

I downloaded the "GhostUpdaterInstaller_v1.8.zip" and "IRCDrivers_Win_x86_x64.zip" from ImmersionRC's product page ( https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-products/ghost/ ), and installed the 64 bit versions of both packages on an updated Windows 10 computer.

So, the Ghost Updater starts up fine and lists the transmitter in the "Port" dropdown at the top. When I click the "Update Ghost"-button, a little message, "Connecting...", appears in the "Welcome to Ghost"- text area. Then the programs just exits/dies after a second or two.

The Windows Event Viewer Windows tells a bit more though, see the attached files. First it logs an error (attached as 0-error.txt ), then it logs some information (attached as 1-information.txt ).

Apparently it is a bundled library "Qt6SerialPort.dll" which causes the program to crash. I did some browsing to understand what the "Exception code: 0xc0000005" (see the attached 0-error.txt ) means, and it appears to mean the same thing as a segmentation fault if I am not mistaken.

I also tried the same setup on a virtual machine with usb redirection (Linux KVM), with the exact same result. Just to check if there is something off with my PC...

It would be super interesting to know if there are more of you out there with the same problem. Hope there is a solution, and/or that I have just missed something obvious.

\G!

txt
txt
(1.96 KB)

I had the same problem and the answer for me was to completely uninstall all the immersion software and do fresh installs. But you need to remove any directories that were installed. On mine I think it was an .ini file was not over writen but still affected the update. I hope this helps; I have to say immersion has the best customer service I have had the pleasure to deal with, You got to remove anything an old installer put on your drive. Good Luck 

Login or Signup to post a comment