Start a new topic
Solved

Goggles shutting down suddenly

Was flying my quad today. Full battery. The goggles blacked out completely after about 10 seconds. Dropped the quad of course. Switched off the goggles and there was a power down sound. Second flight same thing after 30 seconds. Dropped the quad switched off the goggles. Power down sound. Went home. Watched the footage. Goggles black out even when watching the playback on DVR. This time I noticed the auto fan kick in. The auto fan doesn't usually switch on. Anyway, got a damaged quad now. Can't fly because the goggles black out suddenly. I did not update firmware since receiving the goggles as it worked fine. Software version 1.1.5 Hardware version 1.01 Uptime 4 hours 8 mins Very disappointed. Waiting for Orca support to get back to me.

Did you check if there was power to the RX module? I had something similar happen but seems like it just lost video feed from the module bay. I wacked on the side of the bay and the video came back one of the times.

1 person likes this
I don't think that's the cause. Because when I got back home to view the flight footage, watching playback on the goggles, the screen also goes black out. Again, if I switch off the goggles, there is the power down sound. No feeling of extra hot spots on the goggles either. Waiting for Orca to get back to me on this.
Check the battery Plug. Mine was broken
Thomas. When the video blacks out, the auto fan is still running. I've updated the firmware both goggles and rapidfire. Now the blackouts only seem to happen at the third pack of the session. I also have a feeling it might be the rapid fire module now. So gonna test abit more.
I would contact support,. One of the boards was bad on mine and they replaced it. I think it might of had to do with the RX pin on the goggles. Mine works perfect now.

1 person likes this
I did contact them. Twice. They asked me if the standby feature was on. They finally advised me to switch off the standby feature. I switched it off and now the goggles does not self reset. Unfortunately lost a quad so I consider my orcas to be very expensive and not that shiny anymore. The technical support from orca do not impress me.
Login or Signup to post a comment